November 12, 2012

Fall festivities!

We had a busy weekend...Friday night we went to my cousin's 2nd round playoff football game, but on the way there we stopped to see little Miss Sawyer and her parents Hayley and Tony. She was asleep the whole time, I tried everything to get her to wake up (tickled her, kissed her neck, played with her feetsies) and nothing would wake her up. I got a text from Hayley as soon as we left that was a picture of Sawyer wide awake!


The game did not go as planned...they were beat 19 to 16 but they did have one heck of a season! I was so proud of my cousin and I know his senior year will be awesome! Here is my Origami Owl locket I created to wear to the game to support him #89.


Saturday I had an O2 event at a Craft fair. It went very well and added two people to my team! I am really enjoying working for Origami Owl and have been so blessed to the response I have received. It is definitely keeping me busy seeing that I have a charity event tonight, party on Friday and a party on Saturday!
Once I got home from my event on Saturday Dennis and I went to the neighbors house for a bonfire. We made smores and grilled hot dogs (yum!). Peyton came over too to play with their dog Tanner and although it doesn't look that way he did enjoy himself...


Sunday was finally my day off! I placed some O2 orders that morning, washed clothes, straightened up the house, swept the floors and then we went to Dennis' parents' house to visit for a couple of hours. When we got home I made a new soup recipe called Bacon Cheeseburger Soup that I found while looking for healthy dinner options (haha!). This soup is not healthy at all, that is why it was so good. 


  Here's what you are going to need:

1 pound lean ground beef
1 pound bacon
1 medium onion, chopped
1 bell pepper
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 pepper
4 cups chicken
broth
4 cups potatoes, cut into ½ inch cubes
1/2 of a stick (4 tablespoons) of butter
1/4 cup flour
1 1/2 cup milk
1 pound of Velveeta Cheese, cubed
1/2 cup sour cream

Directions:
  •    Brown the ground beef over medium high heat
  • Add the onion and peppers
  • Saute on medium low heat until onions and peppers are soft. 
  •  Stir in the potatoes, salt and pepper and chicken broth.
  •   Bring to a boil, reduce heat, cover and simmer until potatoes are fork tender.
  •   In a medium saucepan, melt the butter.
  •    Whisk in the flour and cook for a couple of minutes to cook out the flour taste.
  • Slowly whisk in the milk.
  •     Cook, stirring constantly until mixture is hot and bubbly.
  • Remove from heat, add the cheese.
  •    Stir until all of the cheese has melted.


  • Cook bacon over medium heat stirring occasionally until crisp.
  •    Drain bacon on paper towels and set aside to add as a topping.


  •   When the potatoes in the soup mixture are fork tender, add about a cup of the soup mixture to the cheese sauce to thin it out a little.
  •    Add the thinned out cheese mixture back to the soup pot.
  •   Stir in the sour cream and serve!


  • It was sooooo yummy but it is very filling as you can imagine. It was the perfect meal to a busy weekend. I can't wait to eat some tonight after my event. I hope everyone has a fantastic week!

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.