November 7, 2012

Mickey, pirates and cats...oh my!

Whew....what a whirlwind of weeks! I have been so busy with my Origami Owl business (which is such a blessing, and a huge thank you to my wonderful Mama for her hard work too!) that I have neglected my weekly blog. I would first like to say that I think Mickey has my camera charger/USB cord because I cannot find it anywhere. You will have to excuse some of my pictures because they are all from my phone.

Our Disney trip was great! The parks were packed and the lines were long, but Dennis and I had a wonderful time together. We have not been on a vacation by ourselves since 2005, so it was definitely much needed and much deserved. Dennis has begged to go back to Disney for a while so this trip was his birthday and anniversary gift...I am now telling him it was Christmas too. I don't think he is going to let me get away with that one. We stayed at the All-Star Movies Resort in the ever appropriately "Love Bug" section. If you ever go to Disney, these value resorts are the BEST deal ever! We had all accommodations, food, drinks and transportation to and from the parks all lumped in to one. The rooms are not fancy or big, but you are never there anyways since the parks keep you so busy. The meal plan came with 2 meals a day, 2 snacks a day and free refillable mugs. Needless to say we both gained a few pounds and never went hungry! We enjoyed all the parks Magic Kingdom, Epcot, Hollywood Studios and Animal Kingdom while we were there. I promise to post more pictures once I find/buy a camera charger!


We teased each other..."We're here Ellen!"- Clark Griswald
Such neat things to look at- All Star Movie Resort

Dennis and the "Love Bug!"
Blurry but it's Mickey and friends!
While we were in Disney our friend Hayley had her little girl Sawyer! My mom was keeping me updated and sending me pictures while we were gone. I could not wait to see her when I got back home. I took pictures of her on a friends camera (since mine is DEAD!, ha), she was the sweetest little model ever! Here is a sneak peek!






Isn't she the cutest little thing? I have not seen her in about 2 weeks so I know she is growing and changing!
We got back from Disney on a Friday and I worked my mentor's Origami Owl booth that Saturday and Sunday at Bell Buckle Craft Fair. If you have not been to a Bell Buckle craft fair you are missing out. You must put it on your list of things to do next October! I was bummed that I didn't really get to shop this year, but I did find this awesome BBQ loaded baked potato..I had to send a picture to Dennis to make him jealous!


I honestly can not believe it is already November and that Halloween has once again passed us by. Dennis and I did not participate in any Halloween festivities this year, but I did manage to get a few pictures a cute little pirate and a kitty cat. Daniel, my other nephew, was a ninga but was too busy passing out candy to trick-or-treaters to let me snap a picture.

This past weekend I finally remembered to take Malachi his little Mickey ears Uncle D bought him. Taking a picture of this little feller is like trying to wrestle a bull. We would say look at the camera, chin up, arms down...and this is what we got...Spiderman britches and all!


I hope everyone has a wonderful and now peaceful week since the election campaigns are finally over!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.